UN Field Operations Arabic Recruitment Campaign
Do you speak Arabic and want to serve the world where you are needed most?
If the answer is “yes”, then a career at the United Nations may be for you!
The UN is looking for Arabic speaking professionals in the areas of Political and Civil Affairs who are willing to serve in UN missions in the Middle East. Suitably qualified Arabic speakers across the world are strongly encouraged to apply by 16 August.
Before applying, make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- You must have completed your Master’s degree (or your first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of relevant experience);
- You must speak, understand, and read Arabic at a level that allows you to work in Arabic;
- For a P3 position, you must have completed 5 years professional work experience;
- For a P4 position, you must have completed 7 years professional work experience.
Recruiters are looking for:
- volunteer experience and any hands-on hardship experience in crisis countries or locations;
- any experience from working in Sudan, DRC, Somalia, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Mano River countries, South Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Ebola- or Tsunami-affected regions.
- language combinations like Arabic/English, Arabic/French/English. Please note that good working knowledge of Arabic is a requirement for applying. If you have good working knowledge of Arabic, you need to indicate “Fluent” or “Confident” in at least two of the four areas (Read, Speak, Understand, Write) when building your application in Inspira. Fluency in English is also a requirement. If you are fluent in English, you need to indicate “Fluent” in all four areas;
- any UN field mission experience;
- any experience from other organizations that serve in similar contexts such as WFP, UNHCR, OCHA, UNDP, UNICEF, IOM;
- any professional UN staff experience;
- any experience as UN volunteer;
- any indication that you have qualified for other UN rosters, technical clearance, talent pipelines or talent pools.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Get more details on the job openings and apply here:
- Civil Affairs Officer, P3 (Job Opening ID 63454)
- Civil Affairs Officer, P4 (Job Opening ID 63456)
- Political Affairs Officer, P3 (Job Opening ID 63601)
- Political Affairs Officer, P4 (Job Opening ID 63603) –