What’s happening Tuesday at the UN General Assembly? Short preview here
The UN General Assembly General Debate continues on Tuesday where world leaders will continue to address their peers.
In addition to speeches, here is what you need to know about other related events taking place on Tuesday:
A special event organized by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights aims to draw attention to the growing body of evidence suggesting that from, the perspective of murder victims’ families, the death penalty is harmful and interferes with a difficult healing process.
A high-level event organized by the LGBT Core Group called “Leaving No-one Behind: Equality and Inclusion in the Post-2015 Development Agenda” will raise awareness about challenges faced by members of the LGBT community around the world, and to highlight the linkages between LGBT inclusion and the pace of social and economic development.
Other side events
- G7 Call for Increased Humanitarian Assistance to Refugees and Displaced
- High-level meeting on Countering Violent Extremism
- 70th anniversary of the International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- High-level meeting on South Sudan
- High-level meeting on peace, security and cooperation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the region
- Official General Assembly website
- More behind-the-scene photos taken by the UN social media team
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Get news recaps all day long from the UN News Centre
- Who is speaking when? Check out the lists of speakers in the UN Daily Journal.