Monday is the the first day of what is commonly referred to as “UN Week” in New York. Sustainable development, global security and efforts to diffuse ongoing conflicts are only a few items on the top the agenda of this year’s 70th anniversary session that officially began its work in New York on 15 September.
We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the ongoing events throughout the week. Also, follow us on social media. We will be posting and tweeting live about all major events.
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/un
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/unitednations
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/unitednations
- Snapchat: united-nations
In addition to the major speeches in the General Assembly Hall, here are a few events taking place on Monday.
- Ending Early and Forced Child Marriage
- High-level meeting on Somalia
- Launch of the 2015 Africa MDGs Report
- 8 ways to to follow the #UNGA online
- Official General Assembly website
- More behind-the-scenes photos of the UN social media team
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Get news recaps all day long from the UN News Centre
- Who is speaking when? Check out the lists of speakers in the UN Daily Journal.