See all our behind the scenes photos in our Flickr gallery.
A breakfast session of the Secretary-General’s MDG Advocacy Group will showcase the successes of the eight Millennium Development Goals to deliver a healthier, equitable and more sustainable future, and will launch the MDG Advocates’ Leaders Report. Follow the event on Twitter using #mdgmomentum and #mdgleaders.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will convene world leaders for a High-level Meeting on Response to the Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak at 11 a.m. The meeting aims to mobilize an exceptional response to contain and stop the spread of the virus, treat those who are infected, ensure essential services, preserve stability and prevent outbreaks in other countries.
Since Securetary-General Ban Ki-moon launched the Zero Hunger Challenge two years ago, a broad range of countries businesses, groups and individuals have taken bold action to eliminate hunger. A high-level event on Thursday at 1.15 p.m on Delivering Zero Hunger will provide a platform for Zero Hunger champions to demonstrate impact, showcase transformative partnerships and innovative actions, and announce new commitments. The hashtag is #ZeroHunger and you can follow @ZeroHunger on Twitter and like the Zero Hunger Challenge on Facebook for updates.
At 3 p.m., a high-level event on “Partnering for Results: Delivering for Every Woman & Every Child Within a Generation” will showcase commitments to accelerate the global political momentum for women’s and children’s health until and beyond 2015. The hashtag is #commit2deliver and main Twitter account is @.
Also taking place on Thursday:
- High-level side event: “Moving Away from the Death Penalty” at 1.15 p.m., organized by the UN human rights office
- Ministerial Meeting on LGBT Rights: “Free & Equal: LGBT Rights Are Human Rights” at 3.15 p.m.
You can also watch press conferences, stakeouts and more live online.
In addition, there are many other side events scheduled. Check out the Daily Journal (PDF) for updates and location information.
- Official General Assembly website
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Get news recaps all day long from the UN News Centre
- Who is speaking when? Check out the lists of speakers in the UN Daily Journal.