The General Debate continues and Heads of State and Government will be addressing their peers on the pressing issues of the day. The debate is webcast live starting at 9 am (NYC time). See who is expected to speak in the UN Daily Journal.
Also at 9 am on Thursday, world leaders will participate in a High-Level meeting on Nuclear Disarmament which has been convened to advance the goal of having a world free of nuclear weapons. Follow @UN_Disarmament for updates.
On Friday, the 2013 Conference on Facilitating entry into force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty will start at 10 am. Foreign ministers from among the 183 countries that have already signed or ratified the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) will call upon remaining countries to do so. They will also agree on a number of steps to promote the Treaty’s entry into force in the next couple of years.
The Annual Treaty Event, continues, providing an opportunity for Member States to sign on to, and particularly to ratify and adhere to multilateral treaties.
You can also watch press conferences, stakeouts and more live online.
In addition, there are many other side events scheduled. Check out the Daily Journal (PDF) for updates and location information.
- Official General Assembly website
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Get news recaps all day long from the UN News Centre
- Who is speaking when? Check out the lists of speakers in the UN Daily Journal.