What happened on Monday? Here are some highlights
The busiest week of the year kicked off on Monday at UN Headquarters and we used our social media platforms to report on the events. Below are some highlights.
- Reaffirming the international community’s resolve in advancing the rights of all persons with disabilities, an outcome document was adopted at the High-level Meeting on Disability and Development stressing the need to ensure accessibility for and inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of development and giving them due consideration in the emerging post-2015 UN development agenda.
Additional commitments to boost Millennium Development Goals achievements were announced at the “MDG Success” event, bringing the total to $2.5 billion in new commitments ahead of the 2015 target date for the Goals.
This video, shown at the event, explains how the MDGs are helping millions to fight poverty and hunger, reduce child and maternal mortality, prevent disease, promote education and more.
- Overview from UN News Centre
At the second day of the Social Good Summit, conversations continued on the intersection between technology and social good.
Marking an online milestone, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon posted his first-ever post on LinkedIn on Monday highlighting events to see during the rest of the week. Follow him there for future updates.
Watch archived video from official meetings, side events, press conferences, stakeouts and more.
General Assembly quick links
- Official General Assembly website
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Who is speaking when? Check out the lists of speakers in the UN Daily Journal.