As the United Nations gears up for what is shaping up to be one of the busiest general debate seasons ever – with over 120 world leaders in attendance and around 50 separate side events – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon discusses his plans in these behind-the-scenes videos posts with you — our social media fans and followers — in mind.
What are the most pressing issues ahead?
What is he most looking forward to?
What is the UN doing for young people?
What is his toughest challenge?
Are there any funny stories to share from last year’s General Assembly?
With so many meetings, how does he get his message across to world leaders?
How does he handle such a busy schedule?
General Assembly quick links:
- Official General Assembly website
- Biography of incoming president, Mr. Vuk Jeremić (Serbia)
- UN Webcast: Live coverage of meetings — also includes on-demand videos of past events.
- Follow @UN, @UN_Spokesperson and #UNGA on Twitter (plus more specialized and multilingual accounts).
- Many high-level events will take place on issues including the rule of law, sustainable energy, the crisis in the Sahel and many more. This full calendar of UN events is updated regularly.