Zero Hunger Challenge
In Rio this week, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will launch his new Zero Hunger Challenge. One billion people don’t have enough to eat and the Secretary-General wants to see an end to hunger in his lifetime.
His challenge has 5 objectives:
1. A world where everyone has access to enough nutritious food all year round.
2. No more malnutrition in pregnancy and early childhood: an end to the tragedy of childhood stunting.
3. All food systems sustainable — everywhere
4. Greater opportunity for smallholder farmers — especially women – who produce most of the world’s food — so that they are empowered to double their productivity and income
5. Cut losses of food after production, stop wasting food and consume responsibly
Secretary-General’s message: Zero Hunger Challenge
Resources and ideas for how you can help end hunger: