In Rio this week, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will launch his new Zero Hunger Challenge. One billion people don’t have enough to eat and the Secretary-General wants to see an end to hunger in his lifetime.
His challenge has 5 objectives:
1. A world where everyone has access to enough nutritious food all year round.
2. No more malnutrition in pregnancy and early childhood: an end to the tragedy of childhood stunting.
3. All food systems sustainable — everywhere
4. Greater opportunity for smallholder farmers — especially women – who produce most of the world’s food — so that they are empowered to double their productivity and income
5. Cut losses of food after production, stop wasting food and consume responsibly
Resources and ideas for how you can help end hunger: